Preparation for the sacrament of Confirmation takes place at St. Michael the Archangel through two different avenues.
Confirmation Preparation for Adolescents
2024 Application will be emailed directly from Mrs. Armstrong.
Candidates will choose a Confirmation sponsor to act as a guide throughout their Confirmation preparation, as well as a witness during the Confirmation Mass. The Confirmation sponsor should be an individual with whom the candidate feels a trusting bond. This person must be a positive example of a Roman Catholic adult.
In order for a person to be a worthy Confirmation sponsor, the individual must satisfy the following:
- NOT be the parent of the candidate
- Be at least 16 years old by February of the sacramental year of the candidate
- Be a practicing Catholic who is currently registered in a Catholic parish
- Be a responsible person of faith and a positive role model
- Be able to attend the Confirmation Mass of the candidate
- Be willing to make the commitment to continue the faith journey of the candidate after the Sacrament of Confirmation
Examples of appropriate sponsors who are mature members of the faith might be older siblings, relatives, close family friends, teachers/staff members from the school, etc. If you have any questions about appropriate sponsors, please contact your child’s Theology teacher or email Debra Armstrong at [email protected].
Confirmation Name and Saint Report
Rite of Welcome
Students must wear their Sunday best (dresses; dress shirt and tie). A suit jacket is not required. Students will wear gowns over their attire during the Mass. The Mass is typically about an hour and a half. Immediately following the Confirmation Mass will be an opportunity to take pictures with the bishop and priests. No pictures are allowed during the Mass.