St. Michael the Archangel Parish is a vibrant faith community. Parish ministries, groups, programs, and school organizations may use St. Michael church and school facilities for meetings and parish events. St. Michael facilities are not available for private events including but not limited to birthday parties, bridal showers, baby showers, and wedding rehearsal dinners.
In order to make use of our shared space, please complete the following steps.
- Reserve the date
- Obtain approval
- Complete setup instructions
Reserving the Date
Meetings and events occurring on the campus must be scheduled on the parish calendar. Schedule the date and location(s) by contacting:
- Parish secretary for all parish locations and for events at school during non school hours.
- School administrative assistant for events at school during school hours.
Major events, fundraising events, collection of goods, or donation requests collected for the parish, school or an outside organization must be approved by Parish Council or the School Committee prior to planning, organizing or advertising such event.
All events, new or old, are reviewed at staff and/or Parish Council meetings. After being reviewed, you. will be notified of a decision in writing. Advertising and promoting of the event/fundraiser/collection is NOT permitted until written confirmation is received from the parish office.
Previously Approved Events
If your event has been previously approved, an event that has been held before, a completed Current Event form or Currrent Fundraising/Collection/Solicitation form must still be submitted to a parish representative in the parish office at least 60 days prior to the event date.
New Event Approvals
A completed Application for Event/Fundraising/Collection form must be submitted to the parish office at least 60 days prior to the event for a parish activity and 90 days prior for a school activity. You will be notified of decision.
Alchoholic Beverages at Events
All adult events that will have alcoholic beverages must be submitted a minimum of 90 days in advance for approval and an application of liquor license. EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2017, to be in compliance of AOD and MCC standards set forth, "BYOB Events" are not allowed. A liquor license must be obtained from the State of Michigan. All alcoholic beverages must be included in the price of the ticket or at a cash bar. The liquor information on the Event Application must be completed.
Completing Setup Instructions
Any event using the St Michael gym or cafeteria must have setup request completed. Setups required for the event must be submitted to the maintenance department at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
1. Download or print one or more of the following forms depending on where your event takes place.
2. Complete the forms for your events. Please use these diagrams to draw out exactly what your event needs and how it should be set up. When completing the diagrams, check out the example links on the right. In these links, you will see some basic examples of how setups can be drawn out. Notice on these examples that things are very specific, such as marked table lengths, the number of chairs wanted, and any extra needs such as a microphone, DVD projector, or floor tarps. These specifics help the maintenance staff know exactly what you want for your setup, and help them plan to accommodate your needs.
3. If a TV or projector is part of your setup, please indicate the equipment needed on the forms under "Additional Instructions/Equipment". A projector can be used to show a video (DVD or VHS), or PowerPoint presentation from a computer on the large screen in the cafeteria.